Fireworks Safety Tips for Diwali :
1. Adult supervision: Always use under adult supervision.
2. Purchase fireworks which are legal and approved by government firms.
3. Before using the Fireworks read the instructions mentioned on packet.
4. For safety, keep stored water or sand nearby.
5. Don’t use firecrackers inside the house as it might be dangerous. Always use open area for fireworks.
6. Never try to make your own fireworks.
7. Never relight the crackers after burning or half burning, sometimes accidents occur while doing this.
8. Don’t light multiple fireworks at a same time.
9. Keep children away from fireworks.
10. Always store the firecrackers in cool place.
11. Don’t light fireworks by leaning over the top.
12. Always wear caps, safety goggles and fitted clothes. For better safety cover your body as much as possible.
13. Never wear Silk or synthetic clothes while lighting firecrackers, as they catch fire easily.
14. Always tie your hair; never light fireworks with open hair.
15. Ask children to light other small or big fireworks with the help of Sparkler (phuljhadi) rather than matchstick.
16. If you get a small burn while lighting firecrackers, apply ice and coconut oil.
17. Never use previous year’s firecrackers, always check the manufacturing date and year while purchasing.
18. Before cracking fireworks, always check open area to make sure no person or vehicle is crossing-by, it may harm you as well as them.